Province of Ulster
During the early 17th century, the first Bradshaw families came to
settled in the newly created estates of counties Antrim,
Armagh, Cavan, Down and Monaghan. Some came through the invitation of land
owners, others through marriage arrangements and as soldiers who remained after
Cromwell's Irish campaign
17th Century Records
Richard Bradshaw was buried in Bangor
Abbey Churchyard, Co Down.
1630 - John Bradshaw & William Bradshaw, no arms
-.Muster Roll, Estate of Sir Stephen Butler,
Barony de Loughty,
George Bradshaw, gentleman of
Bradshaw in Derbyshire, married Elizabeth Callum, daughter of Sir Hugh Callum and
Mary F Emerson of Cloughwater, Co Cavan.
Town Book, Corporation of Belfast,
a George Bradshaw was listed as a merchant.
James Bradshaw married Ann
Patterson in the Main St, Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim.
1659 - Census of
Fermanagh records a Thomas Bradshaw, gent living in Drumcru Townland, Parish of Clownish (Clones) -
three persons in household, all of whom are of English origin.
John and Jane Bradshaw and their
five children were living at Lisabuck, Killeevan, Co Monaghan.
Drumnecally, listed on Hearth Money Roll Co. Armagh, , one hearth.
1669 - Hearth Money Rolls for County
Antrim , contained three records -
John Bradshaw of Magheragall Towne, John Bradshaw
of New Park, Ballinderry and William Bradshaw of Carrisknevaddy, Magheragall
Benjamin Bradshaw of
Hillsborough had three
daughters baptised in Cathedral Church; Lisburn, County
Antrim; Agnes - 1666, Margaret - 1669 and Rose - 1672.